Telling Australian stories through graphic novels and comics
9-11 February 2018
QT Hotel Canberra
The Australian Comic Arts Festival (ACAF) is a three day festival in Canberra that celebrates creating and reading comics and graphic novels in Australia.
The Australian Comic Arts Festival (ACAF) is bringing Australia’s top comics talent to Canberra from around Australia, Nicola Scott (artist on DC Comics’ Wonder Woman and Teen Titans), Ryan Griffen (creator of Cleverman for TV and Comics), Glenn Ford (publisher of The Phantom comics), Andrew Constant (writer of The Demon for DC Comics) for three special days in February.
Meet Nicola Scott, artist for DC Entertainment working on comics such as Wonder Woman, Teen Titans, Superman and Earth 2.
With a history in theatre and costume design, Nicola started pursuing a comics career in 2001. After working for Dark Horse, Image and IDW, she quickly became a fan-favourite.
Nicola is currently collaborating with writer Greg Rucka on their own series, ‘Black Magick’ from Image Comics. Nicola will be talking about occult inspirations on day 2 and is available for signings.
The full ACAF program and guest list can be found on the website at www.acaf.com.au
Guests available for interview:
- Nicola Scott, artist (Wonder Woman, Black Magick, Teen Titans)
- Ryan Griffen, writer (Creator of Cleverman TV & Comic series)
- Clarence Ryan, actor (Cleverman TV’s Bindawu warrior Jarli)
- Ryan K Lindsay, writer (Beautiful Canvas, Eternal, Negative Space)
- Andrew Constant, writer (The Demon: Hell is Earth, Kid Phantom, Torn)
- Justin Randall, writer/artist (Changing Ways, 30 Days of Night)
- Gary Chaloner, writer/artist (Will Eisner’s John Law, Flash Damingo & The Jackaroo)
- Craig Phillips, writer/artist (Giants Trolls Witches Beasts, Adventures of Jack Scratch)
- Christian Read, writer (The Watch, Dunwich, Eldritch Kid, Unmasked, Karnak)
- Brenton McKenna, writer/artist (Ubby’s Underdogs)
- Glenn Ford, publisher (The Phantom)
- Elise Jones, editor (Allen & Unwin)
Press passes are available upon request.
Mob. 0410 026 042